“You never get a second chance to make a great first impression.” We have heard this time and again but sometimes we forget just how much that first impression matters in our businesses. While you may be the best around, if you are not organized, using up to date technology and professional, it will show through your bid, and you will surely lose some potential clients. Your bid is your true first impression to your clients and how you present yourself matters. Appearing professional will help your customers trust you and show them that you take your work seriously. At Knowify, we offer a custom templating service complimentary with your subscription. The templates that we create are organized and easy to read, use the latest technology and will make you appear professional to your clients.Continue Reading
The office side of the business is frequently unloved in construction. We like to joke that nobody ever got into construction so they could sit at a desk working on spreadsheets all day. Because construction guys would much rather be in the field, they often develop little workarounds to make the office side of things faster – but as with any workaround, they give up something in the process.Continue Reading
You’re busy – really busy. Running your business, working on many jobs at once, and expected to remember every detail of every job. How do you manage to remember these details? With Knowify of course! We have a handy Job Log that will track every step of the way: what has happened with a job, when it happened and who made it happen.
In case this is a new feature to you, let me introduce you: meet your Job Log. Your job log displays a chronological timeline of your job and merges user actions, comments, documents and emails to capture the whole job history, giving you the ability to see and analyze how the job has evolved.Continue Reading
This question (in its many flavors) is one we encounter quite frequently at Knowify. We know from experience that accountants can have pretty strong opinions about this question, but we’re also not afraid to share ours. In short: No, you should not. Here’s why:
Including overhead in job costs only tells you about the past. Focusing on project-based profitability helps you plan for your future.Continue Reading
You may have already heard by now that our mobile app is really awesome! It has the ability to track employee time with GPS functionality and can capture photos of receipts. But what good is an incredible app if not everyone on your team is using it? We have noticed a disconnect between the office and workers on the field in understanding where your employees stand on their mobile onboarding. We are ready and eager to bridge this gap and create easy communication – we even went as far as adding a Spanish option- ¡de nada!Continue Reading
Last weekend, Knowify’s minor release of new features contained many small changes requested by the Knowify community. These are the highlights:Continue Reading
Overwhelmed with overdue client invoices? CollBox is your solution! Do not let your company down by falling into the struggle so many contractors in America are facing: failing to collect payments from their clients.Continue Reading
We just released a new version of Knowify with a large number of new features and improvements. All these changes are based on your feedback so we hope you are as excited as we are!
This is the complete change log:Continue Reading
Our new release is out! As usual, this release includes many improvements, most of them based on your feedback. Please pay attention to the first two items below, which will definitely change the way you use Knowify (for the better!). Also, stay tuned because we’ll be releasing additional new features before the end of the year.
This is the complete change log:
1. We have changed the names of our job-types. Following your feedback, we are simplifying the names as follows:
This is just a change in names; all these job types will behave as usual. You can find more information in this video.
2. We have also simplified the status of a job in Plan & Track. From now on, the Plan & Track section will be Active by default when the job is active, and will stay in Edit mode while you are budgeting or bidding a job. You don’t need to remember to switch the status any longer; Knowify will do it for you.
3. Job creation: We are moving the Job Name to the top of the page. This will create a more logical flow and will allow us further improvements in upcoming releases.
4. Anti-spam filter measures: We continue to optimize the emails coming out of Knowify to ensure that they are delivered. Even though our tested delivery rate was already very high, this new release goes one step further and adds extra measures to avoid spam filters when sending emails via Knowify. While there is no technical way to guarantee 100% email reception, in large part because it depends on how each email user sets up their spam folder, these changes will continue to push our delivery rates up toward the targeted 100%.
5. Taxes for non-US companies: We’ve strengthen the rounding system to make sure there are no discrepancies when adding taxes to your invoices or purchases. Also, for those syncing with Quickbooks, we’ve been able to circumvent a Quickbooks API bug to sync purchases and bills with taxes.
6. Improved bidding process: We will be gradually including improvements in the process to prepare proposals in Knowify. For starters, you’ll see that breakdowns include now a way to label each line as labor, materials or other. This is just in preparation for upcoming releases where we plan on radically simplifying the breakdown process and giving you more options to display them to your customers. These labels will also help Knowify automatically build budgets and list of materials when working in Simple or Advanced job costing modes.
7. Time & materials work: We have strengthened all workflows related to time & materials work. Now, before invoicing, the system will prompt you to enter the timeframe for the invoice, which will help identify the correct billable items. The invoice will also give you internal information about the value in materials, the value in labor and the total number of hours included in the invoice.
8. Improved sync experience with QuickBooks: For those using QuickBooks, we’ve added a few improvements:
– After creating a bill, invoice or any other QuickBooks-related transaction, you will not need to refresh the page to see if it synced properly. Knowify will automatically display the updated status as soon as the transaction syncs with QuickBooks.
– Time entries will now take the Service used in Plan and Track (if any), which will take precedence over the general default service for time entries.
9. RFI link: In RFIs, we’ve seen recipients struggle at finding the attachments given that they didn’t think they had to click the link View RFI to get there. To make it clearer, if you use attachments in RFIs, the link in the email will read View RFI & Attachments from now on.
10. Improved display in contract jobs: We’ve restyled the display in the manage contract jobs page, to make it easier to read. Total values for jobs are now on the revenue side to give you a sense on how much you expect to generate for a given job.
11. Save reminders: While building your bids, Knowify will prompt you to save your work every 10 minutes. This is the first step towards making sure that you never lose any of your work. In upcoming release we’ll include additional enhancements.
12. Minor improvements:
– Faster search in contract jobs, and fewer display issues in low internet speed networks.
– PO numbers can be added or edited right in the invoice page.
– Both phases in the project plan and line items in proposals have a new sorting feature.
– Client and vendor exports include the full address.
– Sorting line items in the schedules of values are being properly displayed in the final invoice.
– RTF files are not accepted as attachments.
– Invoice items can be removed in bulk.
– Time overview page offers new filters.
– After deleting an invoice, you can return to the invoices section or to the job.
– Service tickets include PO number field.
– Job tags can be added when creating a new job.
– For those using pay apps (in our Fixed Price with AIA billing jobs), now you can set a default for your preferred invoicing style. Wiping values in the invoices will also be easier.
– In non-US companies, there is a new display of holdback amounts.
– Fixed issue around marking phases with deleted resources as complete.
– Fixed issue when updating Advisor users.
All these improvements will help you work faster and spend less time in the office. Do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.
We are thrilled to announce a new game-changing addition to Knowify’s lineup of tools designed to streamline the way you apply for, pay and receive construction, sign and solar related permits. Beginning 10/17, Knowify will offer a direct integration with PermitZone, the leading platform for sourcing construction permits across the United States! This integration will be fully available in Florida, California and Texas, and we’ll extend it to the rest of the US shortly thereafter.Continue Reading