1. To access Knowify’s project management features, go to the “Contract Jobs” Module.
2. While in the “Contract Jobs” module, click on the name of a job you want to manage.
3. Click on the “Plan & Track” tab to manage your tasks or work orders.
4. The page is divided by the phases and tasks in your project plan. You can expand each phase by clicking on the “+” sign on the blue tab. Now you can see how the phase breaks down between materials, tasks, and resources.
5. You can mark whether a task was completed or if a resource performed the task by clicking “Assigned” and changing it to completed. The statuses of your tasks will update based on your Tasks module. See the tutorial on Task Management to learn more.
6. As time is put into the time-tracker module, the bars will fill up indicating how much time the employee has spent on the task or phase. See the tutorials on Tracking Time to learn more about this.
7. To manage dependencies between tasks, click the “link” icon on a task to link its start or finish to the start of a previous task. If task B is dependent on task A, when task A is completed, employees who are on task B will receive email alerts indicating their task is now active.
To view a list of your active tasks, hit the checkbox next to ‘Show active only’. Similarly, you may populate a list to show a history of your completed tasks, or a list of tasks related to you. For now, we will check out active tasks to see which tasks should be marked complete.
The active task list allows me to edit or complete a task. To mark it complete, hit the green check icon to the right. To edit this particular task, click the blue pencil/paper icon. This will popup the screen below to edit as necessary.