Our new version is out and it comes with BIG improvements! With this update, we’re getting closer to fulfilling our promise of bringing job cost estimation, project management, scheduling, and real time actual vs. budget performance together in one place.
- It is now possible to do job cost estimation with job roles (ie, “this task will require 100 man hrs of Foreman time”).
- The term ‘Milestone’ has been replaced in the project plan; we now refer to ‘Phases’ (this is merely a change in name).
- You no longer have to schedule job phases or tasks during project plan creation. When you’re ready to build your plan schedule – for example, after your bid is accepted – click “Enable Scheduling” at the top right of the project plan interface.
- Scheduling at the resource level (person or equipment) can be handled directly through the project plan now.
- Additional (unscheduled) resources can be added to the list in Foreman’s view for timekeeping.
- Purchasing has been added to the mobile app (should be available on GooglePlay tomorrow, Apple AppStore within 10 business days).
- We have added significant additional infrastructure to the “Rates” section of the admin panel. We recommend that you check that section right away and make any updates you feel are necessary. We expect to push an update reintroducing overtime calculations in Knowify numbers soon.