Our version 2.19 contains exciting improvements to Knowify.
This is the complete change log:
1. When creating owner contracts, you have the ability to select whether you wish to user regular invoice or schedule of values to bill your clients.
2. We have improved the experience around adding subcontractors to project plans. Now you don’t need to save the changes before selecting the subcontractor.
3. Taxes in proposals and estimates have improved to rely on the existing list of tax rates. If your account is connected to QuickBooks, you can create new rates in QuickBooks and Knowify will pull them automatically. If you are not connected to QuickBooks, you can create new rates in the admin section of Knowify (Customize / Tax Rates). If you connected to QuickBooks at some point and then disconnected, please contact our customer service team for assistance on how to create new tax rates.
4. With catalog templates you don’t have to itemize materials and labor any longer. You can just enter materials, labor and subs budgets for the unit of work and they will be automatically calculate when used in the project plan.
5. If you are connected to QuickBooks, your account will rely on any payment terms you have defined in QuickBooks. This way the sync of invoices with QuickBooks will always respect the payment terms you have included in the invoice.
6. In the Customize section of the Admin panel, you can now set your default payment terms.
7. We have improved the user interface in many sections, especially by grouping icons into a drop-down menu. This change will simplify the interface and help you identify the available options. This new interface is available for new users only but will be rolled out to everyone over the next month.
8. The interface in plan & track has also changed and there are two new drop-down menus grouping ‘allocate from inventory’ and ‘order materials’, and also ‘schedule resources’ and ‘enter time’.
9. We have introduced a large number of improvements to job board, including the ability to unschedule jobs, filter resources, group by departments and allocate entire crews into a job, or real-time information about check ins.
10. The welcome email for new mobile users has been improved to include easier-to-follow instructions on how to get started.
11. Now you can use catalog services when adding new phases to a project plan. By doing so, the resulting contract will rely on the same catalog services.
12. Line items in owner contracts and GC bids can be edited even if the contract is active as long as they have not been billed, which means you will no longer need to revert the contract back to draft mode.
13. We have improved the information around the connection between phases, line items and catalog items. You will also be able to change the catalog connection even if the contract or the plan are active.
14. If you are connected to QuickBooks, we now support Locations when sending invoices and bills into QuickBooks. You can set a location for each job in the QuickBooks section (jobs tab).
15. For our international customers, we now support multiple tax rates in proposals and Schedule of Values invoices.
16. The PNL report will include subcontractors budgets when applicable.
17. Now we have the ability to import certain Estimates from QuickBooks.
18. Simple and advanced jobs reports include a new tab for rejected jobs.
19. We added Excel copy-paste functionality to Plan and Track, which will allow you to quickly create your list of materials.
20. The project plan report includes better information around subcontractors and budgets.
21. The ‘Dispatch Jobs’ section has been renamed as ‘Service Jobs’.
22. Payroll report includes now information about the department and job location.
23. Ability to edit time entries even if they have already been billed.
24. Now other agreements can take catalog items in the setup to create deliverables.
25. Time entries will now sync with QuickBooks with more accurate job information.
26. Work order outputs have been improved to better display the available information.
27. You can now convert QuickBooks subclients into Knowify jobs.
28. Improved access from project plan into foreman view.
29. We have strengthened our ability to pull payments from QuickBooks, including payments against multiple invoice.
30. Editing an invoice will now preserve the comments in the original invoice.
31. When importing phases into a project plan, you can set subcontractor budgets for these phases.
32. We have fixed minor bugs in the following sections:
– Payroll report (hours outside range)
– Catalog (more actions buttons)
– Re-assigning purchases to service jobs (billable item creation)
If you have any questions or wish to share your feedback, you can find us at email@example.com.
The Knowify Team