Our new release is out! As usual, this release includes many improvements, most of them based on your feedback. Please pay attention to the first two items below, which will definitely change the way you use Knowify (for the better!). Also, stay tuned because we’ll be releasing additional new features before the end of the year.
This is the complete change log:
1. We have changed the names of our job-types. Following your feedback, we are simplifying the names as follows:
This is just a change in names; all these job types will behave as usual. You can find more information in this video.
2. We have also simplified the status of a job in Plan & Track. From now on, the Plan & Track section will be Active by default when the job is active, and will stay in Edit mode while you are budgeting or bidding a job. You don’t need to remember to switch the status any longer; Knowify will do it for you.
3. Job creation: We are moving the Job Name to the top of the page. This will create a more logical flow and will allow us further improvements in upcoming releases.
4. Anti-spam filter measures: We continue to optimize the emails coming out of Knowify to ensure that they are delivered. Even though our tested delivery rate was already very high, this new release goes one step further and adds extra measures to avoid spam filters when sending emails via Knowify. While there is no technical way to guarantee 100% email reception, in large part because it depends on how each email user sets up their spam folder, these changes will continue to push our delivery rates up toward the targeted 100%.
5. Taxes for non-US companies: We’ve strengthen the rounding system to make sure there are no discrepancies when adding taxes to your invoices or purchases. Also, for those syncing with Quickbooks, we’ve been able to circumvent a Quickbooks API bug to sync purchases and bills with taxes.
6. Improved bidding process: We will be gradually including improvements in the process to prepare proposals in Knowify. For starters, you’ll see that breakdowns include now a way to label each line as labor, materials or other. This is just in preparation for upcoming releases where we plan on radically simplifying the breakdown process and giving you more options to display them to your customers. These labels will also help Knowify automatically build budgets and list of materials when working in Simple or Advanced job costing modes.
7. Time & materials work: We have strengthened all workflows related to time & materials work. Now, before invoicing, the system will prompt you to enter the timeframe for the invoice, which will help identify the correct billable items. The invoice will also give you internal information about the value in materials, the value in labor and the total number of hours included in the invoice.
8. Improved sync experience with QuickBooks: For those using QuickBooks, we’ve added a few improvements:
– After creating a bill, invoice or any other QuickBooks-related transaction, you will not need to refresh the page to see if it synced properly. Knowify will automatically display the updated status as soon as the transaction syncs with QuickBooks.
– Time entries will now take the Service used in Plan and Track (if any), which will take precedence over the general default service for time entries.
9. RFI link: In RFIs, we’ve seen recipients struggle at finding the attachments given that they didn’t think they had to click the link View RFI to get there. To make it clearer, if you use attachments in RFIs, the link in the email will read View RFI & Attachments from now on.
10. Improved display in contract jobs: We’ve restyled the display in the manage contract jobs page, to make it easier to read. Total values for jobs are now on the revenue side to give you a sense on how much you expect to generate for a given job.
11. Save reminders: While building your bids, Knowify will prompt you to save your work every 10 minutes. This is the first step towards making sure that you never lose any of your work. In upcoming release we’ll include additional enhancements.
12. Minor improvements:
– Faster search in contract jobs, and fewer display issues in low internet speed networks.
– PO numbers can be added or edited right in the invoice page.
– Both phases in the project plan and line items in proposals have a new sorting feature.
– Client and vendor exports include the full address.
– Sorting line items in the schedules of values are being properly displayed in the final invoice.
– RTF files are not accepted as attachments.
– Invoice items can be removed in bulk.
– Time overview page offers new filters.
– After deleting an invoice, you can return to the invoices section or to the job.
– Service tickets include PO number field.
– Job tags can be added when creating a new job.
– For those using pay apps (in our Fixed Price with AIA billing jobs), now you can set a default for your preferred invoicing style. Wiping values in the invoices will also be easier.
– In non-US companies, there is a new display of holdback amounts.
– Fixed issue around marking phases with deleted resources as complete.
– Fixed issue when updating Advisor users.
All these improvements will help you work faster and spend less time in the office. Do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.