You may have already heard by now that our mobile app is really awesome! It has the ability to track employee time with GPS functionality and can capture photos of receipts. But what good is an incredible app if not everyone on your team is using it? We have noticed a disconnect between the office and workers on the field in understanding where your employees stand on their mobile onboarding. We are ready and eager to bridge this gap and create easy communication – we even went as far as adding a Spanish option- ¡de nada!Continue Reading
Over the last few years we’ve been collecting a bunch of feedback and suggestions from the Knowify community and we wanted to make sure the new version meets all your expectations. We know how conditions in the job site are not always ideal and our main goal was to make the app as resilient as possible. After more than a year of work, the new app translates all this feedback into a powerful tool to track your jobs and collaborate with your crews.Continue Reading
Knowify’s smartphone application for field technicians is a great way to automate your job costing in real time from the job site. Giving employees access to Knowify on their phones can save you time dispatching workers, entering their time sheets, and reviewing reimbursement and expense requests. To get your employees started using the app, navigate to the Users tab of your Admin Section:
- First, you’ll want to choose User with Mobile Access to Knowify Only from the Type of Access field:
- Next, fill out all of the employees data, including their email address: This is also where you can add their Role for budgeting and scheduling. You can also add a Direct Manager and Approval Authority where Approval Authority controls the amount of purchases they can submit without approval, and the Direct Manager is the person who will have to review when they go over.
- Last, you’ll want to fill out the users permissions: Tracks their time will be the minimum requirement for mobile time tracking access. Is a foreman or can approve time cards will give them the ability to use the smartphone to Check In/Out other users that are working with them.
- When you click the Add User button at the bottom, it will send the user an email to the address entered in step 2 that they can open on their smartphone:
- Pressing Click Here to Activate Your Account will bring them to a screen where they can set their password: After entering the new password twice, they will see a confirmation screen:
- Next, they will want to go to the App Store (iPhone) or the Google Play Store (Android) and download the Knowify Application (it is free to download):
- Once the app is downloaded, simply open up Knowify, enter the email and password, and click Log in And they will be able to see what they have to work on that day to start tracking their time!
Do you think integrating third-party applications with your applications (like QuickBooks) is a problem? If so, perhaps, you are selecting the wrong applications…
According to AccountingWeb Contributor Seth Fineberg when it comes to integrating essential third-party applications with core platforms and software, “most users do not know what true integration is supposed to look like and are often disappointed…”
Choose the right applications
Seth interviewed Stacy Kildal, founder of Kildal Services, a bookkeeping, payroll, and technology consulting company who urges accounting firms and their clients to pay attention to the following:
– Does the application really sync? Or is it simply pulling information from your accounting software, or only updating select data?
– Is it solving a real problem and how does the data it delivers into the software or platform you are using?
– Is it taking advantage of the features available in your current accounting package?
– Can you access the tools you need to analyze the data entered into the app?
– Does it give you the tools and data to create the reports you need?
Take a test drive or demo
While Kildal recommends signing up for the app via the developer website and testing it without syncing, we’ve got a better recommendation. Check to see whether you can try the application before you buy it. Or ask the developer demo it for you.
“It’s not hard to test an app on live data,” she told Accounting Web. She advised accountants to “start a trial, test it with your data or your clients’. If you don’t like the app, just disconnect it and cancel the subscription. Do a few test transactions so you don’t have to edit or delete a bunch.” At Knowify, we recommend contractors to do the same.
Get it all right; not half right
Stop wasting time creating workarounds to get accounting software to work better. If you are an accounting firm recommending QuickBooks Pro or equivalent to your clients; or a QuickBooks Pro Advisor helping clients get the most of this application, simply recommend the right software.
If you’re a contractor using accounting software to help you run your business, make sure it’s designed for your business…not a manufacturer, or medical office, or…
Invest in the right technology
Really. Because technology (the right technology), can help you institute best practices and deliver complete transparency into hours, job assignments, client management, and productivity to ensure your projects stay on schedule and on budget? Imagine, running your business (or having clients running their businesses) efficiently, cost-effectively, and profitably. Win. Win. Win!
So how do you get there? Do your research. Knowify, for one, can help. We’re already helping accounting firms, advisors, and contractors integrate their business management needs with their accounting systems from an easy-to-use interface accessible from any device — in the field and in the office. If you have any questions or wish to share your feedback, you can find us at email@example.com.
Knowify. Built for the real world.